Sr. Motion Graphics Video Editor & Producer
By Joshua Wolf. Wednesday, December 21 2016
FULL-TIME • STARTS EARLY 2017 • COMPETITIVE PAY • EXCELLENT BENEFITS • WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.
MoveOn’s Video Lab team rapidly produces shareable online videos to advance progressive campaigns and beat back the Trump Republican agenda. The Sr. Motion Graphics Video Editor & Producer will edit and produce videos contributing to this effort.
MoveOn.org is a community of millions of members working together to create progressive change in America. We take on campaigns to challenge entrenched power and push back against corporate and 1% influence in our nation’s politics, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice.
- Reporting to the Video Lab Director, the Sr. Motion Graphics Video Editor and Producer works alongside fellow video editor/producers to create compelling online videos at a high frequency (3-5 videos/week)
- Lead video production for videos with intensive motion graphics elements
- Create original motion graphic sequences and animations
- Project manage other video editors and videographers as needed
- Gather, assess, and edit assets such as news footage, archival/stock footage, photos, headlines, graphics, music, and voiceover
- Shoot quick interviews or direct videographers conducting interviews
- Pitch video concepts on a daily basis based on the news cycle, trending topics, and the political calendar
- Produce and edit video scripts assigned by the Video Lab Director and incorporate edits and feedback at the direction of the Video Lab Director throughout all stages of production
- Draft video scripts
- Export and upload video to platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter
- Work quickly under tight deadlines
- Keep up-to-date on political news stories that could be subject matter for videos
- Innovate, experiment, and learn: work with our analytics team to design and run tests that help identify what makes videos more sharable and impactful
- Monitor the rapidly changing online video environment—watch and identify best practices that others in the space are using
- Manage projects that advance the team’s overall operations, such as weekly team step-back meetings, organizing assets, R&D, or other administration
- Be available for rapid-response communication (email, G-chat, Skype, and phone) between 10am ET and 7pm ET (with one hour lunch break) Monday through Friday.
- Employ effective time management to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
REQUIRED QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Advanced graphics and motion graphics designer. Strong knowledge of motion graphics software such as After Effects/Motion and graphics software such as Photoshop/Illustrator
- Proficient video editor on software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Experience project managing video production
- Knows codecs, resolutions, and file formats—can pull video from multiple sources and convert it to usable formats
- Able to maximize accuracy, artistry, and speed when faced with tight deadlines
- Storytelling skill—able to use video to grab viewers’ attention and craft emotionally resonant narratives
- Understands political messaging, strategy, and campaigns within the progressive movement
- Understands current trends in online video and social media
Position is remote. As part of our virtual office, you may be based anywhere in the continental U.S. Some travel will be required.
CLASSIFICATION, SALARY, AND BENEFITS
The position includes a full-time, competitive salary, plus benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year; 10 days accrued paid sick time; and salary subsidy to help cover costs of office space.
CLICK HERE to submit your application, résumé, and statement of interest cover letter. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a goal of starting full-time early 2017. Apply ASAP for consideration.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.