It’s time to sound the alarm. Last night, Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, who was leading a criminal investigation into Trump’s possible collusion with Russia to sway the November election. This is a constitutional crisis.
MoveOn members, allies, and Americans of all walks of life are converging on senators’ home-state offices all across the country at 5:00 p.m. local time to make some noise until we get the truth about Trump and his cadre of advisors and their web of financial and foreign entanglements.
Click here to find the list of events at senate offices across the country at 5:00 p.m. local time. And if you don’t see an event near you, scroll to the bottom of the page to find your local office and either list your own event or just show up. This is fast moving, we’re gathering the events we know about below, and will add more throughout the day, but there may be events in your area that aren’t listed here. And if you don’t see one listed below, you can still go to your local office with signs, friends, and make some noise.
Our ask: Congress must establish an independent commission to investigate Trump. (One that he can’t fire!) This isn’t business as usual, and we’ll make ourselves heard.
- Invite family and friends join you
- Bring pots. Bang pans. Honk horns. Do whatever you can imagine would—peacefully, nonviolently, and lawfully—convey your outrage.
- Use the hashtags #ComeyGate and #SoundTheAlarm to send out pictures, videos, and Facebook Live footage. Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to tag @MoveOn so our team can amplify your good work to make sure your members of Congress see the outrage of their constituents.
- Get everyone you know to call their senators using (844) 707-9026
Today’s actions are a form of Cacerolazo, a protest that consists of a group of people making noise by banging pots, pans, and utensils that is popular in Latin American countries. We’re celebrating the work of our allies, United We Dream and Working Families Party, which have held two similar actions in this time of Trump. The Trump administration, under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, has a questionable record in the first 100 days on more than just FBI investigations. The police state under Sessions has terrorized immigrants and ignored violence against Black lives. This investigation is just the beginning of holding the Trump administration responsible for their disastrous, corrupt, and dangerous domestic agenda.
By choosing to attend any of these events, you are acknowledging the risks involved, and you are committing to participate non-violently and in accordance with the law, and to work to de-escalate confrontations with opposing persons or others. You agree (i) not to engage in any act of violence or violation of any applicable law and (ii) to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and law enforcement authorities.
Not a #SoundTheAlarm event near you? You can create one! Look at the events below for sample text and image, then fill out this form and include the link. You can also show up at the nearest Senate or Congressional office at 5 p.m. local time without an official event—just bring friends, signs, and start making some noise. If you can’t go in person, you can click here to sign a petition to your representative asking them to demand an independent commission to investigate Trump or call your senators at (844) 707-9026.
- Senator Flake’s office in Tucson
- Senator Flake’s office in Phoenix
- Senator McCain’s office in Phoenix
- Republican National Committee 2017 Spring Meeting at Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego
- Senator Feinstein’s office in San Francisco
- Senator Burr’s office in Asheville
- Senator Burr’s office in Winston-Salem
- Senator Tillis’ office in Raleigh
Not a #SoundTheAlarm event near you? You can create one! Look at the events above for sample text and image, then fill out this form and include the link. You can also show up at the nearest Senate or Congressional office at 5 p.m. local time without an official event—just bring friends, signs, and start making some noise. If you can’t go in person, you can click here to sign a petition to your representative asking them to demand an independent commission to investigate Trump or call your senators at (844) 707-9026.
Find your the local offices for your senators here: