ROUND-UP: 15-ft. Santos Inflatable Calling for Expulsion Outside Capitol
You can find pictures of the display here.
Washington, D.C. – This week, MoveOn Political Action flew a 15-foot inflatable of disgraced Rep. George Santos outside the Capitol, demanding that Congress expel him. For months, MoveOn and its members have been calling for Santos to resign or be expelled for the sake of NY-03 residents who deserve real representation. More than 154,000 members have signed a petition for him to step aside over his rampant lies and corruption.
Here are some of the media’s reactions to yesterday’s display:
- The New York Times: Democrats Pressure Republicans to Vote This Week to Expel Santos
- Washington Post video: Giant George Santos inflatable on National Mall
- The Boston Globe: 15-foot George Santos balloon becomes social media sensation. Congressman calls it “flattering.”
- Bloomberg: MoveOn Political Action Displays Inflatable George Santos
- NBC News: Rep. George Santos will face expulsion again this week and predicts he’ll be ousted
- The Independent: George Santos says he won’t resign and let political enemies ‘win’: Live
- The Messenger: Giant George Santos Balloon Flying in Front of Capitol
- Washingtonian: An Inflatable George Santos Balloon Flopped Around the National Mall Tuesday
- ABC7: 15-foot balloon of George Santos posted near National Mall in call to expel him
- The Hill: Group flies 15-foot George Santos balloon to call for his expulsion
- The Gothamist: Extra Extra: Mr. Santos’ 15-foot balloon likeness goes to Washington
- People: Protesters Fly Giant George Santos Balloon Near U.S. Capitol Ahead of Second Expulsion Vote: ‘Full of Lies’
- Fox News: Protesters fly massive George Santos balloon outside Capitol, demanding he be expelled
- BuzzFeed: A Group Trolled George Santos With A Hilarious Giant Balloon Outside Of The Capitol, And People Are Loving It
MoveOn is a people-powered force for progress. MoveOn mobilizes the left to elect Democrats and enact progressive change. We are the homebase for millions of members who refuse to accept the status quo and are moved to take action. For more than a generation, MoveOn has been a bulwark against the radical right, channeling our voices to end wars, protect democracy, and advance justice for all.