Abortion Is Health Care
Access to safe, legal abortion is access to vital health care—and we need those in power to take action now to ensure accessible, high-quality health care to everyone in America.Sign this Petition
It’s beyond debate now that the climate crisis is an existential threat to our planet. But with most Republicans–and some Democrats–in Congress still unwilling to go against the powerful oil and gas lobby, progress has been far too slow.
MoveOn members will continue to fight for political solutions to the climate crisis–and we can also do a lot in our everyday lives to combat climate change. There are millions of MoveOn members across the country, which means our decisions as consumers can make a real impact. Switching to solar power is a quick but powerful action you can take to protect the planet.
That’s why MoveOn Civic Action is testing a new clean energy program: We’re partnering with Sungevity, a solar energy company, to help MoveOn members power their homes with solar energy. Go solar with Sungevity through us in October and Sungevity will give you a $1,000 discount and also give $1,000 to MoveOn Civic Action to support our campaign work! We hope you’ll check it out. You’re eligible to sign up if you live in Sungevity’s coverage area, which includes these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, New Mexico, North Carolina, Rhode Island, and the District of Columbia.
If you haven’t gone solar yet, click here to find out how you can.
Together, MoveOn members can do much more than install solar panels on our roofs: We’ll join and win the state-level fights to block the Koch assault on clean energy, we’ll push the federal government to renew the solar tax credit at the end of the year, and we’ll turbo-charge the fossil fuel divestment movement. We’ll hold climate change deniers accountable during elections, too.
Going solar makes a huge difference. It’s a win-win-win-win because:
– Many customers can sign up for very little money down and save on electricity each month.You may end up paying less than you’re paying for electricity today, with no money down
– Go solar with Sungevity through us in October, and Sungevity will give you a $1,000 discount and give MoveOn Civic Action $1,000, which will help support our fighting for progressive change!* So by going solar this month, you’ll help power MoveOn’s campaigns. The offer of $1,000 lasts only for October.
– By going solar, you’ll be doing your part to address the climate crisis–an existential threat that is crying out for bold government action, but one that cannot be solved by government alone. Combating climate change will also require people like us taking direct action.
– It helps keep dirty money out of politics. Dirty energy companies pour tens of thousands of consumer dollars–your dollars–into lobbying Congress for the status quo. Going solar is a way to change that.
The signup process is simple: Sungevity’s solar experts will remotely design a system for your home and give you the information you need to weigh your solar options. And–if you move forward–Sungevity will manage every aspect of installation.
Ready to find out more?
Click here to request more information and a quote. (Depending on your situation, you might even qualify to go solar for as little as $0 down!)
* Sungevity’s offer valid for new solar energy plans entered into, or purchases made, using MoveOn.org’s referral code. Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions, or redeemed for cash. Payment will be made to MoveOn Civic Action within 30-90 days of system interconnection. Availability varies according to location, electricity usage, and utility company. Contractor license numbers. A 5 kilowatt system lease starts at $40-$140 per month for 20 years on approved credit. Payment terms vary and may include fixed payments or escalating payments at a rate of 1.5-2.9% annually for 20 years. Zero due at lease signing. No security deposit required.