Senior Motion Graphics and Video Editor/Producer for Health Care
Full Time • Temporary: 6 Months Starting March 2017 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Continental United States
MoveOn’s Video Lab team rapidly produces shareable online videos to advance progressive campaigns and beat back the Trump Republican agenda. Reporting to the Video Lab Director, the Senior Motion Graphics and Video Editor/Producer for Health Care will edit 2–3 videos per week to pressure Congress not to take away people’s health care and to defend the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, and Planned Parenthood. This position will navigate the constantly changing political landscape and produce videos that target key members of Congress through the August recess.
MoveOn.org is a community of millions of members working together to create progressive change in America. We take on campaigns to challenge entrenched power and push back against corporate and 1% influence in our nation’s politics, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice.
- Monitor political and health care news stories and pitch daily videos relating to the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, and Planned Parenthood
- Create 2–3 short videos each week, often under tight deadlines
- Produce video from start to finish: Draft video scripts about health care; gather and edit assets such as news footage, archival/stock footage, photos, headlines, graphics, music, and voiceover; create original motion graphic sequences for videos in the style of NowThis/AJ+/ATTN; shoot quick interviews or direct videographers conducting interviews where needed; and export and upload video to platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter
- Innovate, experiment, and learn—work with our analytics team to design and run tests that help identify what makes videos more shareable and impactful
- Generally available late morning to later in the evening for rapid-response communication (email, Gchat, Skype, and phone)
- Employ effective time management to ensure a healthy work-life balance
Required Skills and Qualities
- Video editor with knowledge of software such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Graphics and motion graphics designer with knowledge of motion graphics software such as After Effects/Motion and graphics software such as Photoshop/Illustrator
- Ability to incorporate feedback as part of our collaborative production process
- Knowledge of codecs, resolutions, and file formats—can pull video from multiple sources and convert it to usable formats
- Ability to deliver accurate and artistic video under tight deadlines
- Storytelling expertise— ability to use video to grab viewers’ attention and craft emotionally resonant narratives
- Ability to craft progressive political messaging for video
Position is remote. As part of our virtual office, you may be based anywhere in the continental U.S. Some travel may be required.
Classification, Salary and Benefits
The position is temporary, full-time and offers a competitive salary, plus benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 2 weeks accrued paid vacation time; 5 days accrued paid sick time; and reimbursement of office expenses.
Click here to submit your résumé and application. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a goal of starting March 2017. Apply ASAP for consideration.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.