Resistance Summer Content Manager
NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
TEMPORARY AND EXEMPT, FULL-TIME. • STARTS ASAP-SEPTEMBER 30• COMPETITIVE PAY • WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES
MoveOn.org is a community of millions of members working together to create progressive change in America. We take on campaigns to challenge entrenched power and push back against right-wing policies while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice.
With Donald Trump in the White House, 2017 is a year of fierce fights and big opportunities. At MoveOn you would be at the center of efforts to build and sustain a powerful resistance, mobilizing millions of people to take action in the fight for our democracy and our future.
You will use the power of storytelling to help build Resistance Summer, empower MoveOn members and volunteers, and help shape the narrative of the growing resistance to Trump’s agenda. The content you create and curate will be used on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Content may relate to breaking news, our core campaigns, or instances where we can elevate ally work. You will work with Resistance Summer Mobilizers to better tell their stories and amplify the organizing work they are doing in their local communities.
We are a small and nimble team so everyone’s work is vital; the work that you do will be an important part of how we elevate MoveOn members’ voices, communicate around our core campaigns, and influence the national political narrative.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work with MoveOn staff to find and elevate powerful stories from our national summer field program, Resistance Summer;
- Develop materials and trainings for Resistance Summer Mobilizers to generate member-generated content including photos, video and social media posts, and identify Resistance Summer Mobilizers to highlight and coach them via phone or email;
- Create story-driven content working with Social Media Manager for social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Monitor and report on earned media and social media for the Resistance Summer mobilization program;
- Curate storytelling products including video, Storifys, hashtags, new products;
- Work with MoveOn’s Video Lab to create compelling video content for Facebook;
- Work with MoveOn’s press and communications team to ID and elevate powerful stories and content from the program;
- Create content for emails to MoveOn members reporting back on Resistance Summer activities and organizing efforts of MoveOn Mobilizers;
- Be a member of MoveOn’s communications team;
- Occasionally facilitate and take notes at meetings;
- Create workflows for Mobilizers and for team for the collection, tracking and sharing of photos, videos and stories
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with mission-driven storytelling;
- Experience with identifying and elevating great stories;
- Experience with and interest in social media;
- Experience with and interest in activism, advocacy, organizing, or politics;
- Experience or interest in graphic creation;
- Experience working closely with volunteers;
- Self-manager and self-starter;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Strong writing skills, including precise grammar, punctuation, and spelling;
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, high-performing team under pressure;
Reporting to: Media Relations Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States.
Classification: Dates: ASAP-September 30 and Exempt, Full-Time.
Salary, and Benefits: Competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 3 floating holidays; July 3 and 4th as paid holidays; 6.66 hours of sick leave accrued per month; and reimbursement of office expenses.
Duration: Hiring immediately; interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. This is a three-month temporary position.
To Apply: Click here to submit your application and resume. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis through June 23rd. Interviews are taking place on a rolling basis – so if you’re interested, apply now!
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.