Full Time, Temporary + Starts ASAP, ends December 31, 2017 + Competitive Pay + Excellent Benefits Work from anywhere in the continental U.S.
MoveOn.org’s high-level organizers, campaigners and operatives identify, develop, and execute high-impact and game-changing campaigns that empower MoveOn members to achieve concrete victories and further a progressive agenda. We are looking for a Mobile Campaigner who will specialize in scalable organizing through mobile technology across SMS, MMS, social media and more.
We’re seeking a passionate, inventive, collaborative colleague to expand the team in the critical fights that are already beginning in this new political era. The Mobile Campaigner will work closely with MoveOn’s campaigns, field, and electoral teams, and will report to MoveOn’s Mobile Innovation Director.
Our country is facing a unique threat from Trump, his bigoted, destructive, and corrupt politics, and the Republicans who control Congress. We’ll need to oppose and resist Trump’s agenda in Washington, defend and support frontline communities facing attacks both from his vicious policies and from an increase in hate crimes and harassment, and lay the groundwork for electoral victories.
MoveOn.org is a community of millions of members working together to create progressive change in America. We take on campaigns to challenge entrenched power and push back against right-wing policies, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice.
- You will become an expert at using MoveOn’s mobile toolset—from SMS to messenger bots—and augment the work of our Campaigns team with creative and original mobile engagement strategies and tactics.
- You’ll use SQL to to engage with our data warehouse—creating contact lists, pulling member data into messages, syncing data across platforms, and more.
- In service of creating the best mobile experience for members, you will become familiar with MoveOn’s email, petitions, and event platforms.
- You will manage relationships with colleagues on our Campaigns, Analytics, Tech and Field teams in a collaborative setting to produce the best member experience possible.
- You’ll work directly with contractors and consultants for creative support (i.e. graphics) and technical assistance (i.e. improving the integration and automation of our platforms).
Required skills and experience:
- Experience leading campaigns that mobilize people to make change .
- Ability to understand database schema and conceptualize or write database queries, or willingness to learn.
- Nimbleness and organization to execute multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Self-directedness, as you will be driving your own output in our virtual office.
- Attention to detail in writing and sending broadcast communications.
- A team spirit, or the ability to work together with an attitude of “low ego, high output,” trusting each other, communicating honestly, and pitching in on across projects.
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in Revere, ActionKit, SQL, and/or Excel.
- Strong writing skills for a popular audience .
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States.
Reports to: Mobile Innovation Director
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, temporary; highly competitive salary, including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month; and reimbursement of home office expenses and enrollment in our retirement savings account after 6 months of employment.
Applications are being accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until April 7, 2017.
To Apply: Click here to submit your application.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.