Campaign Support Engineer
Regular and Exempt, Full-Time • Starts ASAP • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits
Work from Anywhere in the US
Help us build the resistance!
In preparing for the opportunities and challenges ahead of us in 2017, MoveOn is investing deeply in supporting our organizing team to use technology that amplifies ordinary people’s voices in our democracy. We are hiring a passionate problem solver who will work broadly across many projects with campaign staff to run innovative campaigns using top-of-the-line political technology, digital campaigning tools and data analysis. Do you love working at the intersection of progressive organizing and technology? Join our team! Work alongside MoveOn’s core team of strategists, organizers, data scientists, and software engineers on technical projects that lift up progressive values, defend vulnerable communities, and build the resistance movement that will fight Trump.
The MoveOn team works and lives in communities around the country, providing employees tremendous flexibility to live and work anywhere in the continental United States. MoveOn staff are embedded in the communities that make up America, and we pursue the healthy development of community and social connections outside our work lives.
- Quickly get up to speed and develop mastery in the online campaigning platform ActionKit. Candidate will have a supported onboarding and learning plan that includes ActionKit.
- Work side by side with MoveOn team members on complex digital organizing tasks like creating targeted emails, surveys, donation forms, and live event recruitment pages.
- Help MoveOn team members edit HTML on campaign webpages.
- Write SQL and use data analysis tools to support team members with campaign reporting.
- Train MoveOn team members on complex workflows that use online campaigning tools.
- Contribute your ideas to organizational strategy discussions
- Contribute your ideas to tech team discussions to enhance and improve our tools and tactics.
Required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of SQL in a relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL, or a desire to quickly learn.
- Experience editing HTML and CSS, or a desire to quickly learn.
- Comfortable with or willing to learn to use a linux command line interface.
- A strong interest in learning and developing expertise in new technical tools, frameworks, and software.
- Able to fluently communicate with both technical and campaign staff, and communicate technical information to a diverse audience
- Determined and thorough- see projects through from idea to implementation to launch, supporting MoveOn team members through the whole process.
- Curious, and a fearless learner and problem solver.
- Ability to be effective in an organization whose team members all work remotely.
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States.
Classification: Regular and Exempt, Full-Time. Every position at MoveOn begins with a 6-month introductory period (including our Executive Directors) which is intended to serve as a natural period of evaluation and reflection for both MoveOn and the employee to determine whether a successful employment relationship can be created.
Salary, and Benefits: Competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year; 12 weeks of paid maternity or paternity leave, 10 days accrued paid sick time; and reimbursement of office expenses.
To Apply: Click here to submit your application, resume, and cover letter:
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.