Temporary, Full Time • Starts ASAP, Ends Nov 30 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania
Non-negotiable salary $4,000 per month through November 30, 2016
Donald Trump is a dangerous bigot. And he’s neck and neck in the polls in the battleground states that will decide the presidential election. So are Republican Senators who’ve refused to stand up to his hateful campaign and whose elections will determine control of the Senate.
We will defeat Donald Trump and elect Hillary Clinton by recruiting, training, and supporting grassroots leaders in the communities that Trump has attacked. We know that face-to-face conversations with voters are the #1 most effective way to increase voter participation.
You’ll be part of a nimble team of campaign organizers, deputy state directors, and state directors in 8 battleground states who together will organize volunteer teams to knock on hundreds of thousands of doors and have conversations with enough voters to swing a close election–the presidential race and, in many states, a Senate race, too.
With millions of members nationwide and an 18-year track record of winning electoral and progressive issue campaigns and breaking new digital and field organizing ground –and as the largest organization to endorse Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary– MoveOn is uniquely suited to influence the outcome of this election.
Unlike in most campaigns, we’re not running a paid canvass. We’re unleashing the phenomenal energy and smarts of volunteer leaders to canvass their own neighborhoods and communities, where they can make the biggest difference.
And we’re not stopping there. We know that our task is not just to win an election, but to demonstrate that bigotry is a losing strategy and to build power to win on the issues that matter to everyday people: income inequality, police and criminal justice reform, climate change, good jobs, immigrants’ rights, and more. Unlike candidate campaigns that shut down after Election Day, MoveOn.org organizes 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The leaders you develop will join a grassroots network that will organize to build power and win on issues after the election.
MoveOn is seeking highly motivated and goal-oriented organizers to organize progressive voters in battleground states to stop Donald Trump and elect Hillary Clinton president. We are running a voter identification and turnout program focused on progressive voters, built around volunteer-hosted and volunteer-run neighborhood door-to-door canvassing. Campaign organizers are responsible for organizing “barnstorm” organizing tours to rally volunteers; recruiting and training volunteers to lead distributed neighborhood canvass teams; and supporting hundreds of volunteer leaders over the course of 13 core canvassing days of action.
- Organize “barnstorm” organizing tours of your region—hosting at least a dozen barnstorm community meetings to rally volunteers, build community, and recruit and train canvass leaders and canvassers. You’ll travel portions of your state building volunteer programs in target areas.
- Organize volunteer-run “distributed” canvasses. Recruit, train, coach, and support volunteer canvass leaders to lead statewide canvassing days of action and to take responsibility for voter contacts in their region. They’ll lead the canvasses, not you; you’ll support them.
- Manage and report data impeccably using NGP VAN.
- Prepare canvassing turf with volunteers.
- Identify, build relationships with, and seek collaboration with local and state allies, including campaign surrogates, community leaders, and other notables in the state.
- Build community—through social events, visibility actions, and social media.
- Use social media and earned media to recruit volunteers, promote events, and build narrative power.
- Participate as a member of a state and national team, contributing to shared learning and mutual accountability.
- Identify leaders and strategies for post-election issue advocacy and organizing.
- Responsible for meeting all goals and deadlines.
- Proven track record of organizing and inspiring effective volunteer teams
- Proven track record of leading effective trainings and organizing meetings
- Experience with voter databases such as NGP VAN
- Experience canvassing or leading canvasses
- Comfort, experience with, or eagerness to learn technology-based organizing tools such as Hustle, Zoom, Organizer, and ActionKit
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance, and clean driving record
Skills, Characteristics, and Values:
- Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to recruiting diverse leadership and making visible the leadership of people most impacted by Trump’s campaign of bigotry
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated, driven, able to work nights, weekends, and long hours, and able to maintain work-life balance. We take a healthy workplace seriously and can accommodate flexible daytime schedules when evening work is required.
- Bilingual a plus
Location: Positions in Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania
Reports to: State Director or Deputy State Director
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time; highly competitive salary (non-negotiable $4,000 per month) including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month; and reimbursement of home office expenses.
Click here to submit your application, resume, and cover letter. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply ASAP for consideration.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.